Friday, July 27, 2007

A Day at the Little Falls Zoo

Well, it was a beautiful day today in Minnesota. The humidity fianlly dropped some. I had Braiden and Emma spending the weekend with me, so we took a drive up to Little Falls to visit their little zoo. It's small, but it makes for a fun afternoon and some good camera shots.

Last year the zoo put in a new bear exhibit. The bears use to be kept in cages far back from the public. Then with funds received they built a new place for the bears. They now have lots of room to roam around and each area has a pool. Here's one of the cubs playing in the water.



Here is a picture of Emma and Braiden in front of the Tiger's cage. At one time the tiger was really close. It would of made for a great picture. I told Braiden and Emma to stand and face me and I'd take their picture.

Emma was a bit apprehensive. She kept looking over her shoulder and moving awary for the railing, which is actually about 6 feet from the fence the cages the tiger in. It was a big tiger and I guess it did look pretty scary to her. At least I got this picture of them.


We had a nice time. After the zoo we went to the park and the kids played for awhile. It is one of the only parks I know that still has a merry go 'round. The kids held on tight as I gave it a good push. Funny how some things that were so simple from our past can excite kids yet today. Actually, merry go 'rounds are good for kids. The spinning action helps them develop their brains. Enought with that, heck it's just good clean fun!

Time is so precious. We should all take time to enjoy the little things in life. As the saying goes, 'Take time to smell the roses.' We should take time to appreciate all those around us. We should take time to savor each moment, for we will never get that moment back again. With that thought in mind, I leave you my final picture from today. (I won't make you look at all 109 I took). I think this picture says it all. It reminds me of me and my big brother. It also reminds me of a show we use to watch that had the theme song with lyrics that went like this- Happy Trails to you, until we meet again.'


No comments:

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style