Friday, November 17, 2006

Winter Must Be Near


Yes,it's true, winter is drawing near. It was easy to tell at the Schraut house in Royalton last week as Mark started putting up some of the Christmas decorations around the yard. It is the first year for our lovely snowman. Isn't he cute! It's amazing how he comes to life every night when the sun goes down and then falls to the ground around eleven at night to go to sleep. We still have some decorating to do, but from the sounds of it, the weather will be cooperating as it is suppose to be around 55 degrees by mid-week. That's fine with me, I can wait for the snow to fly until close to Christmas. The pictures are of Mark & myself with our 8 foot tall snowman.

I remember when I was a little girl and going into town to look at the Christmas lights was a really big deal. My mom would get us bathed and into our pajamas. On his way in from the barn after milking the cows, my dad would start up the car so it could warm up. Then he would come in and get cleaned up. We'd get wrapped up in a blanket and my dad would carry us out to the warmed up car. Then we would head into town to 'ohh' and 'ahh' at the lights. It's those special memories that we carry with us throughout our lives that are important. Even though my parents are no longer living, there are many times I feel them so close when I refelct on my special memories. I hope that everyone reading this has some special memories they too can reflect on and that they are building more of those special memories every year. It doesn't matter how much 'stuff' we all have, what matters is our families and friends. Those are gifts that are worth more than amount of money we'll ever see in our lifetimes. So please spend time over the up coming holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas to build some special memories for those you love. Mark and I wish all our wonderful friends and family a very Happy Holiday Season. May you be blessed with good friends and great memories.

No comments:

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style