Monday, November 13, 2006

Scary Jack-O-Lanterns


Halloween is a time of carving pumpkins and getting ready for the little trick or treaters. I leave the decorating to Mark, as he really enjoys putting up his 'scary' friends around the front yard. This year Shantel and I carved pumpkins to add to the front steps. We had a great time. We saved our pumpkin seeds and Mark saoked them for a day in salt water and then he backed them for a tasty treat. To me it seems like a lot of work for such a tiny tasty morsel, but I guess that's it, 'a tasty morsel' that compares little to anything else except sunflower seeds. Well, Shantel and I had fun scraping the guts out of our pumpkins and then creating our 'scary' faces. Mark enjoyed watching us and learning how to use the digital camera as he became the 'photograher' of this event. Just another memory building moment that helps make our lives so wonderful.

No comments:

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style