Monday, November 13, 2006

Our "Little Goblins"

Getting dressed up is so much fun. I remember when I was little, (No, it isn't that hard to recall back all those years ago). I remember one year in particular. My brother Tom, who is about five years older than me, and me decided to dress up using clothes from my mom's closet. We went to my aunt's house, and she had no idea who we were. Of course I had some ammunition to use against my brother in later years, after all, he was dressed up in 'ladies clothes'. Dressing up as their favorite charcters or trying to be the scariest is fun for all kids. It's funny how the boys want to be scary or action figure related, while the girls want to be 'pretty'. This year it was cold on Halloween in Minnesota. I had gone up to Jennifer's during the day so I could see the kids in their costumes. She got them dressed up before dinner and we took pictures. I came home to greet the trick or treaters in Royalton. Jennifer & Josh took the kids out in their neighborhood. Before they did however, they re-dressed the kids with sweatshirts and sweatpants under their costumes. Emma was really bummed and said, "I'm not pretty anymore." Jennifer & Josh told her she was now the 'Winter Princess' ready to head out into the cold. I guess that worked, more so once she started getting candy, especially her favorite, P cups. Here are pictures of our grandkids on Halloween.

Here are Braiden & Emma. Braiden was a Ninja and his favorite part of his costume was his sword. Such a boy! Emma was a princess. I think every little girl dreams of being a princess and in the eyes of their parents, they are. As it should be.

Here are pictures of our grandchildren from Michigan, Grace and Michael. Like I said earlier, girls want to be pretty and sweet. Grace does look as sweet as she truly is as an angel. Michael ofcourse wanted to be scary, he even had glowing red eyes. He is a handsome little dude, even if we can't see him.

Last we have a picture of our grandaughter, Kiara with her other siblings. They came into town from Holdingford to do some trick-or-treating. Kiara is on the left in the light green Tinkerbell costume. Isn't she sweet!

No comments:

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style