Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If it's fall, It must be...........

Time for those fall tractor and threshing shows! Yes that's right. For the past two weekends, Mark has been at tractor shows. Over the weekend of the 8th, we went up to Dalton, Minnesota. It was an interesting weekend. Friday was a nice day, and then on Saturday it RAINED! We had purchased a portable DVD player on Friday, so on Saturday we sat in the Trailblazer watching a movie between customers. It did clear up for awhile during the BIG TRACTOR PARADE. Yes I said tractor parade. I am totally amazed by those tractor parades. It amazes me that a hundred years ago, before anyone had engineering degrees, that someone could create massive machines that ran on steam, were relatively quiet, and are still working today. Here are a few pictures of some of those tractors.












A couple of the big tractors. They are so amazing!














The John Deere really interested me. I had never seen a tractor with the wheels covered like that. This is a tractor that is used in the orchards. The wheels are covered so they won't damage any of the fruit. The Farmall is like the one my daddy had on the farm. I drove it in the fields during haying season. I pulled the wagon while my brother, Tom and his friend Larry loaded the hay bales. I rememeber my brother yelling at me, seems I didn't get close enough to the hay bales. I also remember popping the clutch and killing the engine. I didn't really like driving the tractor, I didn't think it was a very 'girly' thing to do at the time.


This past weekend, Mark was at the show in Albany, It was HUGE! So many people, and a big flea market. Mark did well both weekends. I think he drummed up a LOT of new business. That will keep him and Shaun busy for awhile! On Sunday, Josh and Jennifer came to Albany with Braiden and Emma. I have postings from last year when Mark & I had the kids for the weekend and brought them to the Albany Threshing Show. They really enjoyed it, so they came back again this year. They like watching the big tractors drive by.
A great way to spend a fall day, watching all the tractors go by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love tractor shows!!!! Great photos!!!!

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style