Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Birthdays and Cake


As you may have noticed from my posts over this year, that I have taken up decorating birthday cakes again. That is something that I hadn't done since Jennifer was a little girl. I find that I am rally enjoying the task, and the frosting is much better than any store bought cake!

Well, earlier this month Mark's daughter and family were here from Michigan. Their birthdays had all occured earlier this year, so I thought I'd make a cake to celebrate all their birthdays. They were going to spend the night with us before heading back to Michigan, so that was the perfect time to have cake. They had seen the cake and it was sitting on the dining room table. Most of us were sitting in the kitchen talking when one of the kids came in and said, "Hey, who already had a piece of cake?" We were puzzled, nobody had cut a piece of cake yet.

We walked into the dining room, and noticed one corner of the cake had obviously been eaten, and it was pretty clear who the culprit was. It was Lady, their siberian husky dog. Guess she had a sweet tooth. Well, I didn't get a picture of the cake before Lady had a piece, so here is a picture after she helped herself. We all still had a pice, it was great!



2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Monica! I've been waiting for a new post! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I always appreciate the friendly comments you leave on mine - Looks like things are going amazingly for you. Hooray!!

Anonymous said...

This is SO funny!!! And you forgot to add that Jeff ate the area where Lady bit off of!! I love my dog.... and I LOVED the cake!!! You are awesome!

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style