Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mothers and Daughters


Relationships change over the years between mother and daughter. I am fortunate to have taken a wonderful journey over the years with my daughter, Jennifer. It's amazing sometimes, how when I look back over the years, I wonder, "Where have they gone?" It seems like it was only yesterday that I remember Jennifer being so excited to have gotten her Cabbage Patch Doll, or when she was barely a teenager and she got her leather bomber jacket. I can still close my eyes and see the excitement in her face as she opened those and other Christmas gifts.I also remember the year she went to and 'elf' party and I made her an elf costume. It sure was cute.

I've been lucky to see her evolve into a great mother and wife. I can even say I have learned from her. When I was staying with them, I would always see Jennifer go through the house at the end of the night and pick things up. Now I do that, and it really makes a difference in the morning. I am so grateful for all the support and friendship my daughter has given me over the past years, especially this past year. She is an amazing person, and I think she is just beginning to realize that herself. I look forward to the next phases of our journey both as mother and daughter and as friends. Here is a picture of Jennifer with her husband Josh and children Braiden and Emma.

No comments:

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style