Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Am I brave or what?!?!?!?!?!




Last weekend we hosted a gift exchange party for Shantel and her friends. My daughter, Jennifer came up with the idea as a way to save on buying gifts for all of Shantel's friends. So Shantel made up an invitation and we printed them on cute snowmen paper. I think she gave out about 30 invites. Well, over 25 girls responded and said they would be coming. Luckily we had the foresight to ask everyone for $2.00 to help defer the cost of food. I was subbing at the highschool the day Shantel gave them out, and I had the girls in her classs right after lunch for phy ed. Everyone was so excited. It was fun for me to have the chance to see that. Well, Shantel & I baked sugar cookies and made popcorn balls one night and made chex mix and puppy chow another. The day of the party, we made tortilla roll-ups and ham & pickle roll ups. We had plenty of food to eat and I made a good punch using cranberry-raspberry forzen concentrate, frozen lemonade, 7-up and water. It was fun to hear the girls shriek as they opened their gifts. We also played several games. One which is a little strange was to guess the reindeer poop. You melt candy bars and form into little balls, then number each container and the girls had to guess what kind of candy bar they thought it was. It was a huge success, and by 7:00 that night, I was laying down with my feet up, pretty much wiped out. Having 25 girls can be a bit taxing. They are all very nice girls and very polite, but they can get a little chatty. Shantel did tell me afterwards that everyone really enjoyed it and she was thankful for the party. Who knows, maybe it will be a yearly tradition.

Shoes from some of the girls at the party. I have never seen so many shoes on our rug!

1 comment:

Shannon Bromenschenkel said...

You are very brave but what amazing time and awesome memories!!!!

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style