Saturday, June 17, 2006

BATTLE OF THE BULGE

Okay, I have been battling the bulge for many more years than I care to remember. I hope that through this BLOG I can get and give support to my girlfriends that face the same battle. I would like you to share your best tips for dieting, losing weight, and excercising. My girlfriends come from a variety of careers, age, and education. I know that together, we can probably post some of the best ideas for losing or maintaing our weight. We can do this without the cost of joining a weight loss center or group. So my challenge for you today is tell me your best tips for losing weight, dieting or excercise. I'll start.........

MEASURING
Measure your portions. It is the best way to be sure you are eating the correct amount. With many items this is as simple as using a measuring cup. DON'T GUESS AT PORTION SIZES! It does take a little time, but is is so worth it. Once you get in the practice of measuring your portions, it will become part of your meal prepartion routine. The other measurement tool is a scale. These can be purchased at any kitchen store. They vary in price range, but are relatively inexpensive and the only way to measure meat portions. I am making a commitment to myself to buy myself a new scale (I use to have one, but have no idea where it is), and I will use it along with measuring cups to measure all the foods that I eat. There, it's in writing now so hold me accountable and ask about my measuring next time we meet or chat online.

1 comment:

Shannon Bromenschenkel said...

I hear ya.... I sooo need to measure my portions!!! You can do it girl!! Love you!

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style