Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Teacher in the Nana Shines Through

We had the pleasure recently to have our grandkids living in Minnesota spend the night. When it was time for them to go to bed, I pulled out some books for them to read. I began by reading to them, then Braiden and Kiara who are both in 2nd grade wanted to read. So I sat and listened to them read with great pride and love in my heart. As a teacher, it is a very special gift to get to listen to your grandchildren read. I makes you proud and appreciative that we live in a country where our children can recieve a free education. I have great admiration for their teachers and thank them for teaching our grandchildren to read and expore the world through books. Then of course little Emma, who is 4 wanted to know if Nana had any books she could read. I did have some preschool books and helped Emma read books also. It was a beautiful experience.




No comments:

Life List

  • To go on a cruise with Mark someday
  • To visit Hawaii someday
  • To work harder on maintaining the relationships I have
  • To start writing, journaling, poetry and children's books
  • To start living a more healthy life style